Thursday, March 14, 2019

Disney Cruise Day 3 {Grand Cayman, Pirate Night}

[Disclaimer: my memory and details on this day are going to be a little less descriptive just because as hard as I try to enjoy it, Pirate Night is just not my favorite. I guess I'm just not that into it? I always enjoy the shows and stuff but I just don't get as excited about Pirate Night like everyone else seems to. haha]

This was the day that the boat docked in Grand Cayman. Brianna got off the boat and toured around the island but I decided to stay on the boat and go to the Princess Gathering to meet some of the princesses and then go lay by the pool. There was also a Carnival Cruise ship and another Disney cruise ship (the Fantasy) docked at Grand Cayman when we were there. I wanted so badly to just be able to tour the Fantasy to see what it looked like in comparison to the Dream and the Magic.





At the Princess Gathering, I met Rapunzel, Cinderella, Belle, Tiana, & Ariel. I got pictures with each one but the lighting was awful and I quickly deleted all of them haha.

I went and grabbed lunch from Donald's Duck-In and then laid in a chair on the deck by the pool and watched the movie on the big screen.

After Brianna got back I went to try and watch part of Ralph Breaks the Internet but the movie had already started so we went and played Disney trivia again in the Promenade Lounge. 

We went back to the room to get dressed a little earlier today because there was a Pirate Show that afternoon that we didn't want to miss.

The nightly show that night was called "JunNk" and I honestly wasn't too impressed. It looked like it was going to be an acapella group but they didn't really sing they just kind of made cave man noises?? I was super confused the whole time haha.

After the nightly show, it was time for the Pirate Night show on the pool deck with fireworks! This show was not like the one I remember on the Disney Dream because Jack Sparrow was not part of this show at all. However, Captain Mickey as well as Captain Hook and Mr. Smee made an appearance and I love fireworks so it was alright.













Afterwards, we went back to Rapunzel's Royal Table for dinner but the dinner tonight was pirate themed. The food was really really good! Click here to see the Pirate Night menu!

For my appetizer I ordered the Smoked Saucisson. It was okay but I remember it being different.

For my salad I ordered the Romaine Wedge except I got Honey Mustard for the dressing instead of Thousand Island.

For the Main Course I ordered Tia Dalma's Jerk Chicken. This was really really good!

For dessert I ordered the Banana Bread. It was good too, but tasted more like cake instead of bread.

I couldn't find any of these pictures but I'm sure you could google them. :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment